MIDAS Preamps Give You World-class Sound
Ask any live sound engineer, and they’ll tell you MIDAS preamps are some of the best-sounding preamps out there. The M32 console uses the same preamps found in their industry-standard XL4 and HERITAGE 3000 consoles used by top artists such as Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Sir Paul McCartney, and countless others. The sound is rich, vibrant, and open, with ultra-low noise and exceptional common-mode rejection. They’re very resistant to overloading yet become harmonically rich when driven hard.
MIDAS Preamps Have Set a Standard for Over 40 Years:
- Transparent, pristine sound at any gain level
- Highly resistant to overloading
- Ultra-low noise even with long cable runs, thanks to superior common-mode rejection
Elegant, Intuitive Design Inspired by Bentley
MIDAS worked with Bentley Motors industrial designer Rajesh Kutty to create an entirely new form factor for the M32. The result is an impressive combination of style and functionality. The M32’s layout gives you fast access to the most-used mixing controls, with intuitive paths to deeper functions and parameters.
You’ll also notice that the M32 feels incredibly lightweight, considering its robust build quality. That’s due to the combination of steel, aluminum, and carbon-fiber components, which create an impressively strong frame and sub-frame while minimizing weight.
Designed to Handle the Most Demanding Touring Schedules:
- Incredibly strong yet surprisingly lightweight, thanks to steel, aluminum, and carbon-fiber construction
- Straightforward, logical layout designed with Rajesh Kutty from Bentley
- Instant access to your most-needed controls and fast, intuitive paths to deeper functionality
Custom-designed Motorized Faders for Consistent Performance and Long Lifespan
MIDAS went back to the drawing board to develop the best-quality faders possible. These faders boast ultra-straight, high-grade steel guide rods with smooth polished surfaces — you’ll feel the difference as soon as you get your hands on them. Best of all, these MIDAS Pro Faders are rated for up to 1,000,000 cycles — that’s three times the amount of other leading manufacturers.
MIDAS Pro Faders for Exceptional Performance and
- 25 motorized faders, rated for up to 1,000,000 cycles (3x more than other leading manufacturers)
- Ultra-straight, high-grade steel guide rods with smooth polished surfaces
- Touch-sensitive, 100mm design is equally suited for live mixing and DAW control
Virtual FX Rack with Over 50 World-class Effects Processors Built In
MIDAS developed 16 new effects processors for the M32, based on their True Physical Modeling technology. These provide spot-on emulations of classic audio processors such as the Urei 1176, Teletronix LA-2A, Fairchild 670 compressors, Pultec’s EQP-1a and EQ5 equalizers, and more. In all you’ve got more than 50 processors to work with, replacing racks full of expensive and sensitive outboard equipment.
Analog Sound from True Physical Modeling Effects Processors:
- Sonically accurate emulations of classic studio processors
- Use legendary processors including the Urei 1176 compressor and Pultec EQs
- Effects cover everything from dynamics control and precision EQ to lush reverbs, choruses, and delays
- Virtual FX rack lets you assign up to eight true-stereo effects to any input, group, or output mix bus
- Eliminate the need for heavy and expensive racks of outboard processors
Gain Splitting Protects Your Preamp Gain Settings
Sometimes FOH and monitor engineers need to be able to adjust channel gain levels (trim) independently of the preamplifier gain. Once you’ve got that MIDAS preamp dialed into its sweet spot for any particular sound source, you don’t want to mess with that just to adjust your gain stages. The Gain Split mode on the M32 console separates channel gain from the preamplifier gain, allowing you to adjust your gain staging at any time without affecting the overall character of your mix.
Automate Complex Shows Easily with
New Cue List
It’s easy to recall specific parameter settings or even entire console layouts with the M32, thanks to the new Cue List feature. This gives you 500 Cue entries, which you can use to instantly recall any of 100 Scenes or 100 Snippets. Scenes are complete board layouts, while Snippets are parameter “snapshots” that can be recalled without affecting the rest of the scene. Whether you need to load an entirely new board layout or just recall specific EQ settings for a specific song, the M32’s Cue List makes it fast and easy.
Powerful Tools for Scene and Show Management:
- Cue List gives you 500 Cue entries, which can load any of 100 Scenes or 100 Snippets
- Scenes are complete board layouts, allowing you to completely reconfigure your signal flow and settings in an instant
- Snippets are snapshots of specific parameters on inputs, returns, FX slots, buses, Matrices, Mains, or DCA Groups
- Fast and easy way to recall specific settings for EQs and effects processors for specific songs or instruments
Customized Scribble Strips for Effortless Visual Navigation
In a fast-paced live sound environment, you need to be able to navigate your console without hesitation. The M32 console gives you 29 LCD scribble strips for fast visual identification, and you can customize them to make them as effective as possible. In addition to text tags, you can also color-code these scribble strips and even add icons for faster identification.
Analyze Your Audio Visually
The M32 console gives you a 100-band real-time analyzer on every channel and bus EQ, as well as on the 31-band graphic EQ in the FX Rack. These ultra-precise analyzers give you fast visual feedback of your sonic spectrum. The sonogram window can display up to 10 seconds of history, giving you an accurate picture of your mix energy and balance over time.
Ready to Integrate with P16 Personal Mixers
With a built-in ULTRANET port ready to go, you can connect P16 Personal Monitor Mixers to the M32 without any additional hardware required.
Remote Control via Computer, iOS, and Android
The M32 has a built-in Ethernet port, making it easy to connect to a local network for remote control via your computer. Or connect to a wireless network and control the M32 with your iPad, iPhone, or Android device remotely. No matter where you are in your facility — or outside of it — you can always maintain control of the M32 console.
Well Equipped and Ready to Expand
MIDAS equipped the M32 console with Ethernet for network control, USB for 32 x 32 computer recording, and even MIDI connectivity. Plus, an expansion port allows you to meet the needs of any complex audio system. You can add FireWire recording capability or increase your maximum channel count with ADAT, MADI, or Dante. For help integrating the M32 console with your existing system, contact a Lift AV team member to learn more about these powerful expansion options.
Powerful Expansion Options Available:
- X-UF Expansion Card gives you FireWire/USB 2.0 connectivity for 24-bit recording to your DAW
- X-ADAT Expansion Card provides 32 channels of ADAT optical inputs and outputs
- X-MADI Expansion Card adds to your I/O options with support for MADI (AES10) protocol
- X-DANTE Expansion Card lets you interface with Dante networks
Ready to Control Your DAW via MIDI, Mackie Control, and HUI Protocols
It’s easy to integrate the M32 as a DAW controller in your studio, thanks to support for MIDI, Mackie Control, and HUI Protocols. The high-quality, 100mm motorized MIDAS Pro Faders are perfect for writing track automation. And the M32’s Cue List makes it easy for you to save and organize projects as scenes, either in the M32’s internal memory or to an external USB stick.
|Channels||40 simultaneous analog input channels|
|Inputs – Digital||96 x AES50|
|Inputs – Mic Preamps||32 x XLR|
|Outputs – Digital||96 x AES50|