Equalizer Section (Selectable 3 band design with a flexible filter section)
Filter – This is a high pass filter with 3db loss at 300Hz, 160Hz, 80Hz, and 50Hz with an 18db cut per octave slope.
Low Equalization – This section has a shelving slope with four frequency selections: 220Hz, 110Hz, 60Hz, and 35Hz. This equalizer affects the selected frequency and all others below it. The gain control provides 20db of boost or cut.
Mid Equalization – This section has a peaking characteristic with six frequency selections: 360Hz, 700Hz, 1.6k, 3.2k, 4.8k, and 7.2k. The gain control provides 20db of boost or cut.
High Equalization – This section has shelving characteristic with five frequency selections: 16k, 12k, 7k, 4.9k and 3.4k. This section adjusts the selected frequency and all others above it. The gain control provides 20db of boost or cut.
Model 7603 Features
- Carnhill mic input transformer
- Chameleon Labs line input transformer
- Carnhill output transformer
- Balanced XLR output
- Hi-Z direct input for instruments on the front panel
- Input or output metering
- Selectable mic impedance switch (300 or 1200 Ohms)
- 48VDC phantom power switch
- 180 degree phase reversal switch
- Output level control functions as a fader when going straight to tape
- One-year warranty